Saturday 4 August 2012

Nick comments after his clear on day one of the jumping competition


Nick Skelton and Big Star produced a superb round to jump clear in a time of 80.14

Nick commented after the round; "He jumped great, the crowd and the roaring, he’ll have to get used to it; the atmosphere has been like this for the dressage so I knew what I was going to get but it’s great, the public are unbelievable.

"The course is nice, it’s not a killer and I suppose from here on in it will get more difficult but he’s in good form. The ground feels good, they’ve done a good job. He’s [Big Star] always keen like that, that’s the way he goes, he’s a blood horse and he goes that way.

"I wasn’t going fast, I was trying to keep inside the time and until you’re actually out there you don’t know how it will ride. I didn’t see anybody else go, only what Scott and Peter told me so I needed to make sure I kept going."

The competition today dictates the running order for the first roundof the team competition which kicks off tomorrow (Sunday 5 August).

No comments:

Post a Comment