Saturday 4 August 2012

Ben Maher's comment


A second clear round for GB inside the time for Ben Maher and Tripple X; afterwards Ben said:

"Normally I don’t hear anything when I go in and ride but this is unbelievable; it’s hard not to get distracted by it. The main thing is that the horse stays focussed, as I can switch on and off a lot easier, but it was a really special experience. It was a good feeling and he wasn’t fazed by the crowd luckily.

"He [Tripple X] can be a little bit silly sometimes but there he felt great, like there’s plenty left in him. I’m just happy and relieved to get the first round out of the way. We’ve been waiting a long time to get here; it’s felt like time has stood still the last few weeks.

"He’ll only improve on that normally and I know I can have him a lot better than that, when he’s relaxed into it a little bit more; we’re going to need a bit more petrol in the tank for the bigger jumps by Monday.

"As a team we’re positive. We need a good start this week and we’re going to go out strong from the beginning, that’s our aim. We’d love to make the others try and chase us." 

No comments:

Post a Comment